Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Let me toot my own horn!!

So this blog was designed to give updates about Kenzie but I would just like to take a moment for my own recognition. So it is official... drum roll please............................................................................. I have my first U.S patent!!!! Thank you, thank you. Ok so it really doesn't mean a whole and it's not like I see any royalty checks or anything but still none the less, I HAVE MY NAME ON A PATENT!!!!! It just sounds really cool to say... or type. For everyone in the science community, yea it's ok to be a little jealous, I won't hold it against you, hehe just kidding.
I will give my employer a bit of credit, I should be receiving a certificate and a solid silver coin with the patent number on it. Yea I feel cool now!! The first one was the hardest. For those of you who don't know about the patent process let me be the first to say it's ugly. It is actually a really touchy subject who gets put on as an inventor. We had three go through at once and I only ended up on one so I'll take.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Toot away girl - that's awesome! Did Cathy review your patent because then there might be some nepotism involved - haha. Congrats!

Cathy said...

I say congrats to that too, being a patent examiner now, I know how tough it is to get through all of the hoops we make you jump through, less than 50% get approved!

Tedo said...

Woah, look at the big brain in Jamie!

Nice work!

I'm jealous of the coin. I've got a patent or two as well, but I've never gotten a cool coin with the patent number on it!

Tedo said...

That's supposed to say big brain ON Jamie, not IN. That's just gross. Makes me think of Temple Of Doom.